Get to Know Us
We offer a wide variety of services to meet your health care needs. Support personnel, including a complement of 8 family practitioners in Smiths Falls, 23 in Perth and associate family practitioners in the surrounding communities, provide attendant care. Nursing staff and dedicated clinical and support professionals are here to help you.
- Acute care services, including general medicine, internal medicine, general surgery, orthopaedics, urology, obstetrics, gynaecology, plastic surgery and anaesthesiology.
- In-patient general rehabilitation program, ambulatory rehabilitation services. Consultant physiatrist services enhance these programs.
- Emergency care services in coordination with a Regional Emergency Response System.
- Diagnostic services including laboratory, diagnostic imaging, bone mineral densitometry, cardiac stress testing, teleradiology, full pulmonary function testing, Doppler ultrasound, echocardiography, ultrasound, mammography, and CT Scan. Diagnostic Imaging results are linked to PACS.
- Specialty consultant clinics including psychiatry, paediatrics, internal medicine, neurology, dietetics, and diabetes counselling
PSFDH is committed to constantly update and stay in line with changing technologies. Recent additions to specialized care services include the Holmium laser, microwave endometrial ablation, and green light laser. This reflects a commitment on the part of the community and administration to equip its hospital and staff with the best possible tools.
PSFDH offers a Dialysis program which is jointly sponsored by Kingston General Hospital and Perth and Smiths Falls District Hospital. The organization has had in excess of 30,000 treatments to patients with overall patient satisfaction continuing to be excellent.
Both sites have completely renovated their Emergency rooms which operate 24/7/365.
We are committed to pursuing active partnerships with other hospitals and community agencies. Sponsorship of Lanark County Mental Health, Lanark County Support Services and the Lanark County Sexual Assault / Domestic Violence Program is well established.
Affiliations with hospitals in the nearby regions are an important and integral part of the hospital’s service to its community.