Your Health Care – Be Involved
Helping Ontarians play a larger role in managing their health care is the goal of “Your Health Care - Be Involved”, a province-wide information campaign. It is designed to empower patients, enhance patient safety and promote better health outcomes by bringing the advice and expertise of health professionals together in five easy “Tips” for patients to use in any healthcare setting.
- Be involved in your health care. Speak up if you have questions or concerns about your care.
- Tell a member of your health care team about your past illnesses and your current health condition.
- Bring all of your medicines with you when you go to the hospital or to a medical appointment.
- Tell a member of your health care team if you have ever had an allergic or bad reaction to any medicine or food.
- Make sure you know what to do when you go home from the hospital or from your medical appointment.
At Perth and Smiths Falls District Hospital, we want our patients to be the leader of their health care team. This information gives patients the information they need to make the most of every hospital visit and help them play an active role in their heath care. Patients are encouraged to be active members of their health care team. It is important to come prepared for your medical treatment by understanding as much as you can about your medical problem, the treatments and/or procedures you will have and to have a plan in place for when you go home.
The adoption of the ‘Your Health Care — Be Involved’ campaign is yet another example of how PSFDH is continually working to make every visit to the Hospital better, safer and more positive.
Download the Be Involved brochure
Download the What I Need to Know form
Download the Wallet Card
Clean Hands Protect Lives
“Clean Hands Protect Lives” is an initiative to educate Ontario patients and the public about the importance of effective hand hygiene. Perth and Smiths Falls District Hospital wants to continually enhance patient and healthcare provider safety through improved hand hygiene practices.
Download the Clean Hands Protect Lives brochure
Download the Hand Wash Card