The Perth and Smiths Falls District Hospital offers a wide variety of services to meet your health care needs. Support personnel including a complement of 8 family practitioners in Smiths Falls, 16 in Perth and associate family practitioners in the surrounding communities provide attendant care and nursing staff and dedicated clinical and support professionals are here to help you.
The hospital currently offers the following healthcare services:
- Acute care services, including general medicine, internal medicine, general surgery, dental surgery, ENT, orthopaedics, urology, obstetrics, gynaecology, anaesthesiology, and paediatrics on an in-patient and out-patient basis.
- In-patient general rehabilitation program, ambulatory rehabilitation services and chronic rehabilitation care. Consultant physiatrist services enhance these programs.
- Emergency care services in coordination with a Regional Emergency Response System.
- Diagnostic services including laboratory, diagnostic imaging, bone mineral densitometry, cardiac stress testing, teleradiology, full pulmonary function testing, Doppler ultrasound, echocardiography, ultrasound, mammography, and CT Scan. Diagnostic Imaging results are linked to PACS.
- Specialty consultant clinics including dermatology, children’s mental health, oncology, geriatric assessment, psychiatry, paediatrics, rheumatology, otolaryngology, internal medicine, neurology, dietetics, and diabetes counselling
The addition of a number of specialized care services, e.g. Holmium laser, microwave endometrial ablation, green light laser as well as the commitment of the hospital to constantly update and stay in line with changing technologies demands a commitment to continuous improvement and upgrading. The hospital has been able to meet the growing demands for new technologies in all programs and services. This reflects a commitment on the part of the community and administration to equip its hospital and staff with the best possible tools.
PSFDH offers a Dialysis program which is jointly sponsored by Kingston General Hospital and Perth and Smiths Falls District Hospital. The organization has had in excess of 30,000 treatments to patients with overall patient satisfaction continuing to be excellent.
Both sites have completely renovated their Emergency rooms which operate 24/7/365.