Helping Ontarians play a larger role in managing their health care is the goal of “Your Health Care — Be Involved”, a province-wide information campaign recently launched by the Ontario Hospital Association (OHA).
Created by the OHA’s Patient Safety Support Service with funding from Ontario’s Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, “Your Health Care — Be Involved” is designed to empower patients, enhance patient safety and promote better health outcomes by bringing the advice and expertise of health professionals together in five easy-to-understand “Tips” for patients to use in any healthcare setting.
The Five Patient Safety “Tips” are:
- Be involved in your health care. Speak up if you have questions or concerns about your care.
- Tell a member of your health care team about your past illnesses and your current health condition.
- Bring all of your medicines with you when you go to the hospital or to a medical appointment.
- Tell a member of your health care team if you have ever had an allergic or bad reaction to any medicine or food.
- Make sure you know what to do when you go home from the hospital or from your medical appointment.
The Perth & Smiths Falls District Hospital has displayed the “Your Health Care — Be Involved” materials, including posters, wallet cards and brochures, throughout the Hospital. To ensure that the “Your Health Care — Be Involved” tips are accessible to everyone the materials are available below in Adobe Acrobat Format.
We want our patients to feel like the leader of their health care team. The tips and supporting materials give patients the information they need to make the most of every hospital visit and help them play an active role in their heath care.
The adoption of the ‘Your Health Care — Be Involved’ campaign is yet another example of how Perth & Smiths Falls District Hospital is continuously working to make every visit to the Hospital better, safer and more positive.
- Poster – Your Health Care – Be Involved (481 KB)
- Brochure (1.21 MB)
- Summary Form for Printing (fillable fields) (768 KB)
- Summary Form (372 KB)
- Wallet Card (364 KB)
“Clean Hands Protect Lives” is an initiative of the Ontario Hospital Association that has been designed specifically to educate Ontario patients and the public about the importance of effective hand hygiene. Perth & Smiths Falls District Hospital is mobilizing to enhance patient and healthcare provider safety through improved hand hygiene practices. This campaign is about educating and empowering our patients and the public on the importance and proper methods of hand hygiene.