The Smiths Falls Community Hospital Auxiliary (the “Auxiliary”) supports various projects, programs and services of the Perth and Smiths Falls District Hospital. There are presently 107 volunteers and this number continues to grow daily.
At present, the Auxiliary operates the following programs:
- This program is offered daily – Monday through Friday from 11:15 a.m. until 1 p.m. For additional information, please contact Judy at 613-283-6295.
Toast & Tea
- The Toast & Tea program is offered in the evening, Monday through Friday from 6:30 p.m. until 8 p.m. For further information, please call Karen at 613-283-6261
- This service is provided throughout each day. At present, the Auxiliary is working to recruit for a coordinator for this service. If you are interested, please contact Jackie at 613-283-2967
- Information desks are operated daily to assist visitors and patients throughout the hospital. The desks are operated daily, Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 pm.. Please contact Jean at 613-283-2303.
- The Auxiliary operates a gift shop offering a number of lovely gifts, food items, coffee and tea, used books, among other things. It is situated at the Main Entrance (Elmsley Street) and is open seven days/week. Please contact Jackie (613-283-2967) or Carol (613-284-2078) for additional information.
The Auxiliary is always looking for volunteers to bring their talents to the group. All interested parties must complete an application and have a criminal reference check conducted before starting work at the Hospital. A letter will be provided to you to attach to your police report request to ensure it is done “free of charge”. As an approved applicant, the Hospital and Auxiliary will provide volunteer orientation and training.
- Auxiliary members must be at least 14 years old
- To apply, please pick up an application form at the HR Department at the Smiths Falls Site or by clicking here.
- Bring or mail the completed application to the Hospital
- Get a police check from your local Police Department. These are generally free for Hospital Volunteers. Perth and Smiths Falls District Hospital policy requires a police check for everyone working or volunteering at the Hospital.
- Once the above steps have been completed, you will be invited to an interview to discuss your interests in our various programs.
- Membership fees are $5.00 per year, payable on joining and thereafter on April 1. Local and Provincial Life Members are exempt from membership fees.