What is a Speakers’ Bureau?
The Perth and Smiths Falls District Hospital Speakers’ Bureau is a community service provided by a variety of hospital associated professionals. They are experts in their fields and can speak on a variety of topics.
A free community service, the Perth and Smiths Falls District Hospital Speakers’ Bureau brings information directly to you. Presentations are provided by a dynamic group of professionals. Speakers include physicians, nurses, dieticians, discharge planners and corporate personnel, who provide information on a variety of topics.
Below is a list of possible topics, but other topics are available upon request:
– Volunteer Opportunities
– Careers in Healthcare
– Pain Management
– Mental Health
– Diabetes Management
– Infection Control
– Handwashing and preventing the spread of infections
– General Health topics
– Hospital Overview
– Understanding Hospital funding
– Challenges and Issues in Healthcare
– Advanced Directives
– Maintaining a healthy weight
– Placement decisions to LTC
– Exercising for Seniors
– Signs of Stroke
– Adapting your home to cope with disabilities
Booking a Speaker:
To arrange for a speaker, please contact:
Karen Kelly, Executive Assistant
(613) 283-2330 ext:1129 or
When contacting PSFDH, please have the following information available:
– Name of organization/group and contact person
– Contact address, e-mail address and telephone number
– Date, time and location of event/meeting plus directions
– Topic Request
– Length of time afforded to the speaker
– Expected number of attendees and age range
– Audio/Visual equipment available
We recommend that you contact us at least five weeks in advance of your scheduled meeting or event. The hospital will attempt to fulfill all requests, but at times may be unable to do so due to speakers’ schedule conflicts.
We look forward to hearing from you!